CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thank you for stopping by to view my blog. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy sharing my favorite thing to do.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Dipping and Gifting (Day 8)

Pretty packaging for the peppermint bark

I love the peppermint bark from William Sonoma that I only get to eat if some one is giving me a gift. It comes in a pretty tin with the bark perfectly fitted.  Even though I know how to make my own it is nice to eat the expensive stuff. I am making peppermint bark today in my candy molds and cookie molds just to add some interest. Then of course I will make some  the simple way by spreading it out on the parchment paper in a very loose manner. Either way it tastes great. Peppermint bark is one of those gifts that people love receiving.  It is just plain good. I love eating peppermint bark with a cup of hot earl gray tea. Hm.
As usual I will be using the Ghirardelli dipping chocolate.



The tree is just beautiful

O course the little gingerbread man is quite handsome 


The bell will definitely ring someones taste buds

I like the look of the molds




Basic ingredients

Basic preparation




Peppermint Bark
16 oz of white chocolate
16 oz of dark chocolate
A few drops of peppermint candy flavoring
12 crushed peppermint sticks
Cold candy or cookie cutters
Cookie sheet
Parchment paper

Melt white chocolate according to the package instructions. Add a few drops of the peppermint oil to taste. Spread parchment paper on the cookie sheet. Place the cold cookie cutter on the parchment paper. Fill the cookie cutter half full with white chocolate. Sprinkle some of the crushed peppermint on top and allow chocolate to set.  After the chocolate has set, fill the mold with the dark chocolate. Sprinkle some crushed peppermint on top and allow the dark chocolate to set.  If using candy molds, place some crushed candy in the bottom of the mold first. The candy mold need not be cold.  The cold cookie cutters help prevent the chocolate from seeping out of the cookie cutter.  This will also fit into a 9x13 cookie sheet or dish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment