CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thank you for stopping by to view my blog. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy sharing my favorite thing to do.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dipping and Gifting (Day 5)

 OK, I am on day 5 of dipping stuff into chocolate. Well today is not exactly dipping but a close cousin to dipping. I made another one of my favorites.  I call them butter pecan ice cream because that is what the flavor reminds me of.  I mix a few drops of butterscotch candy flavoring into white chocolate  then add chopped pecans. Once I am satisfied with the desired taste, I pour into molds or place spoonfuls onto parchment paper making little chocolate disks. These are really good.  I place each molded chocolate into cellophane bag and tie a pretty ribbon.


Added these beauties to my now almost empty candy gift basket.  We had our family Christmas dinner on Sunday and everyone enjoyed choosing a nice chocolate gift.

I used a Christmas tree mold and a decorative round mold. The molds are inexpensive.

You will need: A good dipping chocolate.  As you can see, I love Ghirardelli Dipping chocolate
Pecans
Butterscotch candy flavoring
lollipop sticks
molds

Mixture with chopped pecans and flavoring. Melt the dipping chocolate according to package directions.
Add flavoring a little at a time, tasting as you work. Remember, you can always add but you can't take out.
Add chopped pecans as desired.

Wrong! Chocolate over flowing in mold will give the molded chocolate wings.

Right: molded chocolate will be a perfect tree.

Chocolate mixture on parchment paper. Just spoonfuls spread into a circle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment